Friday, May 11, 2012

May 10, 2012. Playoffs day 13

Quotes: 


Celtics 83, Hawks 80. 



"Thank you to their owner for giving me some extra gas tonight," Garnett said. "My only advice to him is next time he opens his mouth to know what he's talking about with X's and O's versus checkbooks and bottom lines."


"At least we don't have to travel," said Celtics coach Doc Rivers, who had hoped to be playing a day or two later. "I'd rather be going to Game 1 here than Game 7 in Atlanta."


"I just found that comment to be a little rude and a little out of hand, and I wanted to address it," he said. "Just because you've got a lot of money doesn't mean you can open your mouth." Garnett said. 


"The one thing about the Celtics is those guys know how to win," Williams said. "After winning (Game 5) down in Atlanta with our backs against the wall, we knew it was going to be tough coming up here. I thought we did a really good job putting ourselves in position to win down the stretch."


Sixers 79, Bulls 78. 






"I don't know how we won this game," coach Doug Collins said.


"I thought we had more than enough to win with," Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said. "I'm disappointed in the loss but I'm not disappointed in our team."

"I was like, 'Son, this is how you shoot free throws,' " Iguodala said.
"We win on a rebound. Something we don't get all night," a smiling Collins said.
"I'm a Sixer for life," Collins said.

"This is the biggest game he's ever played in, and Saturday will be even bigger," Nuggets coach George Karl said of Lawson, whose 32 points were a career playoff high.
Asked whether he felt his teammates had matched his heart, Bryant retorted, "No, of course they didn't."
"Kobe being dehydrated and all that and sick as a dog, coming out and trying to will us to a win, it's disappointing to watch him give that type of effort .. and we don't get it from everybody," Lakers coach Mike Brown said. "Our second- and third-best players are Drew and Pau, and the reality is both of those guys got to play better in order for us to win."

"I expect him to come out and play with the tenacity that he's known for," Bryant said. "He's the one guy that I can rely on night in and night out to compete and play hard and play with a sense of urgency and play with no fear. So, I'm looking forward to having him by my side again."


"I talked with Pau a little bit after the game; I'll speak with Andrew, too," about performing better both physically and mentally in Game 7, Bryant said


"They blitzkrieged us at the start of the game," Bryant said.
"After I hit my first shot, that's all I needed was a little confidence," said Lawson, who hit 13 of 18 shots 24 hours after flying in his shooting coach, Las Vegas-based Ivory Manning, to fix a flaw in his mechanics.
"They played with confidence and swag," Bynum said.



All credit goes to: ESPN
Copyright by STATS LLC and The Associated Press
Photos:  Getty Images/NBA Yahoo Sports 




Follow me on Twitter @JohnnyNBA and Like us on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment